How to Troubleshoot VirtWiFi has no Internet Access on Windows
If you are having issues with the VirtWiFi internet access connection you’d probably want to stay glue to this article as we will be considering how to fix VirtWiFi has no internet access in different methods here today.
Technology has advanced so that you can turn your mobile into a PC or run the same mobile app on your Windows. And when talking about this we switch our mind to Android X86 which is still at the better stage.
The Android-X86 is a program to run Android on your PC. However, since the Android X86 is still in the beta stage you will likely experience some bugs which could cause the VirtWiFi not to work.
Therefore, we will consider how to fix the Virt WiFi bugs in the Android X86 including how to fix VirtWiFi has no internet access.
What is VirtWiFi?
VirtWiFi or virtual WiFi helps us to connect to multiple IEEE 802.11 networks with only one WiFi card by exposing multiple virtual adapters and assigning them to each of the wireless networks as instructed. Its assignment depends on the desired connectivity.
Virt WiFi makes use of a network hopping scheme that can switch the wireless card across the assigned wireless network. However, the switch between the network and desired connectivity is transparent to the applications which makes the users think their device is connected to multiple wireless networks at the same time.
The VirtWiFi works in such as way that it interacts with the card driver at the lower end and network protocol at the upper end since it is implemented as an NDIS intermediate driver and a user-level service in Windows XP.
How to Fix VirtWiFi has no Internet Access
The following guidelines will help you to troubleshoot your VirtWiFi has no internet access problem. However, if the first step didn’t work, check out the next troubleshooting tip and repeat the same for other tips until the VirtWiFi has internet access.
Troubleshoot your Internet Access using Windows Troubleshooter
Another good way to combat and fix VirtWiFi’s has no internet access is by troubleshooting your internet access using your Windows internet troubleshooter.
Enable Windows HyperVision Platform
You will possibly experience VirtWiFi having no internet access if your Windows hypervisor platform is not checked. Therefore, to start, we will walk you through how to enable the Windows hypervisor platform to fix the Virt WiFi no internet access problem.
- Turn on your Windows PC.
- Click on the “Search” box and type “Turn windows features on or off.”
- Scroll down and check “Windows HyperVision Platform.”
- Hit the “OK” button to save changes.
- Restart your “PC.”
After the steps above you then need to install HyperVision on your Windows.
How to Install HyperVision on Windows
If you enabled “Windows HyperVision Platform” to fix “VirtWiFi has no internet access” without installing HyperVision you need to install it to complete the process. Therefore, we will walk you through the steps to take to install HyperVision on your Windows.
- Click on the search box.
- Type “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- Click to expand “Hyper-V.”
- Check both:
- Hyper-V management tool
- Hyper-V platform.
- Click “OK.”
Once that is done you can restart your PC again to see whether the VirtWiFi no internet access issue has been resolved.
Update your Windows Network Adapter Driver
If your network adapter is outdated it can cause issues with your connectivity. So, it’s advisable to update it and see whether it fixes the VirtWiFi issue.
But, since you can’t connect to a WiFi network, you’d need to use your router’s ethernet cable to connect your PC to the internet and update your network adapter network. Therefore, you can follow the steps below to update your Windows network adapter.
- Press “Win+R” to open the run command.
- Type “devmgmt.ms” without the quotes.
- Click on the “Enter” button.
- Expand the “Network Adapter” option by clicking on the “+”
- Right-click on the WiFi card and choose “Update.”
- Select “Search automatically” and search the internet for the latest WiFi card adapter driver.
- Your Windows will connect to the internet to search and download the latest network adapter driver if there is any available.
If your network adapter’s driver is up-to-date you will see that “the best drivers for your device are already installed.”
Flush Windows DNS
Excess IP addresses and cache on your Windows can cause the network connection issue. So, it’s advisable to flush it once in a while. As a result of that, we will consider how to flush DNS in your Windows to fix VirtWiFi has no internet access if it’s caused by excess DNS.
- Press “Win+R” to open the Windows run.
- Type “cmd” without quotes and click on “Command Prompt” to open it.
- Type “ipconfig/flushdns” without quotes and click on the “Enter” button.
Now, check whether you can connect your Windows virtual WiFi to the internet.
Change Windows DNS
If you are having a problem with your network and it’s not working in WSA you won’t be able to have access to the network. This occur due to the DNS problem in most cases. So, to fix this, you need to change the DNS from the local machine to another DNS via the Windows command prompt.
- Go to your Windows settings.
- Select “Network & Internet.”
- Click on “Change Adapter Settings.”
- Right-click on “Connection”
- Select “Properties” from the menu
- Choose “IPV4.’
- Choose “Properties.
- Enter your DNS server address.
- Click “OK” to save changes.
You can use any of the DNS server addresses below and see if it fixes the virtual WiFi network connection problem.
- Google Public DNS: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Cloudflare: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- OpenDNS: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Reset your Windows Network
You may need to resort to resetting your Windows network to fix the issue with your VirtWiFi no internet access problem. But, in most cases flushing the DNS and changing the DNS does work for me.
- Go to your “Windows Settings” by pressing “Win + I”
- Click on “Network & Internet” on the left pane.
- Scroll down under “Network & Internet” and select “Advanced Network Settings.”
- Scroll to “More Settings” and select “Network Reset.”
- Click “Reset Now.”
VirtWiFi has no internet access can be frustrating if you don’t have an ethernet cable that you can use for the main time. However, with this troubleshooting you should be able to put behind you Virtual WiFi has no internet access on your Windows computer.